1. Applicant must be a member of KDVA or the spouses, children or grandchildren, (including step children) of a KDVA member who served honorably.
2. Applicant must be accepted into an accredited college or university.
3. Applicant must be a high school graduate with a minimum of a 3.0 Grade Point Average (GPA) to apply.
The application will assess five major areas: GPA, Essay, Extracurricular Activities, and Leadership in Extracurricular Activities, and Financial Need.
The five categories are evaluated and weighted as follows:
- GPA – 25 points
- Essay – 25 points
- Extracurricular Activities – 20 points
- Leadership – 20 points
- Financial Need – 10 points
Total points possible – 100
Selection of the KDVA Scholarship recipients are made by a Scholarship Committee appointed by the Board of Directors of the KDVA.
Scholarships are awarded only to students accepted to accredited institutions. The funds will be sent to the academic institution for documented expenses and must be used in the academic year awarded. The academic year of the award begins the Fall semester after the award announcement. These funds may not be used for prior academic expenses.
If selected, KDVA Scholarship recipients are to provide: a) a photograph and a statement for use in KDVA publications, newsletter, website, social media, and marketing materials, etc. and b) follow-up information and feedback as to how the KDVA scholarship assisted in their education for KDVA research and marketing.
All application materials, including the application form, official transcript(s), proof of matriculation at designated accredited academic institution, essay, list of involvement in extracurricular activities, leadership positions in extracurricular activities, and written statement of need.
The 2019 KDVA scholarship application link and submission deadline will be posted later this year.